We aim to be an environmentally friendly Company and it is our intention to promote a policy that is focused on being green aware. A culture will be fostered within the company that ensures all employees understand they can make a significant contribution to the Company being an environmentally friendly and green aware company.
The Company's policy is to comply or exceed the requirements of environmental legislation and regulation.
The specifics of the company environmental policy are as follows:
1) the Company will review and explore measures for the reduction of volumes of all waste materials generated by the Company;
2) the Company will explore opportunities for recycling all possible waste materials. Our ultimate aim will be to recycle any waste material that can be recycled;
3) the Company will aim to reduce levels of energy consumption. The Company will introduce working practices that requires computers, lights, photocopiers, printers to be “switched off” when not in use. The Company will also ensure that heating, lighting and ventilation are used efficiently and effectively;
4) the Company will aim to purchase energy efficient products where possible and appropriate;
5) additionally, the Company will explore whether environmentally friendly products can be purchased when buying any equipment for use within the company;
6) the Company will review opportunities and consider implementing measures for the reduction of the use of water;
7) the Company will aim to reduce levels of pollution emissions wherever possible;
8) the Company will ensure that all employees are made aware and have access to a copy of this environmental policy. The Company will regularly review the policy to ensure that we are a green aware and environmentally friendly organization.
HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
E G Grounds Care Ltd is committed to ensuring the safety of its employees, customers, members of the public and anyone else who are affected by our operations. The company commits to operating in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work (etc) Act 1974, The Management of Health & Safety Regulations and all other current applicable regulations and codes of practice, so far as is reasonably practicable. The management will ensure that significant risks are assessed and suitable and sufficient measures are adopted to allow each employee/contractor to carry out his/her duties safely and without risk to health. Suitable equipment will be provided and maintained in a safe condition, and safe systems of work will be devised. The company shall strive to achieve continuous improvement in Health & Safety performance. E G Grounds Care Ltd Management will provide all necessary resources including time to ensure that all Health and Safety matters are adequately funded. This includes, training, personal protective equipment, adequate equipment/tools, maintenance for this equipment, external advice where necessary and any other resource necessary to ensure the Health and Safety of our staff. Each employee/contractor will be made aware of his/her responsibility for his/her own health and safety and that of others. All employees/contractors will be given the opportunity to consult with the management on matters relating to Health & Safety, or to appoint a representative to do so. Where necessary the company will arrange or provide suitable training for both management and operatives, in particular where new work practices or equipment are introduced. The company will seek external advice as necessary to keep its health & safety policy, working practices and equipment up to date and in accordance with current legislation. Ultimate responsibility in all areas of safety rests with the Managing Director. This duty is of no less importance than any of the responsibilities attached to that position. Reviews of Health and Safety Policy will be made annually no later than 1 year after the date on this policy. The monitoring of all issues relating to this policy is the responsibility of the Managing Director.
Golden Rules Policy
Always be polite to colleagues and customers.
Always check weights of objects before lifting.
Always carry out pre-user checks on all equipment before use and report any faults to a manager.
Always ensure you are trained before using equipment and machinery.
Always wear your PPE when carrying out any work related task.